}

Friday, December 7, 2012

Las Vegas

Last weekend I got to visit Las Vegas with my mother in law, sister in law, brother in law and Alexa's dad, Chris. Alexa was there to race in the Santa 5k and the Rock and Roll marathon on the strip.






We did some gambling, of course. I'm a terrible gambler, completely unlucky. But I managed to stalk Cecilia and Brian while they gambled.


The Santa 5k was one of the coolest things I've ever seen. Thousands and thousands of runners dressed as Santa!

We helped Alexa get her gear on before heading over


Here they are walking towards the starting line




On Sunday night Alexa ran the Rock and Roll marathon. It was incredible and inspiring to watch everyone who took part. Go Alexa!!


This is at the 12 mile point. That's Alexa's dad, Chris, taking a photo of her (in orange shirt) as she ran by.


I'm thinking we need to take a family trip to Disney World soon for one of their marathons! 


2 comments:

Cheryl said...

Way to go Alexa!!!! Glad you could join and support her!

Anonymous said...

Didn't even know you were going. Glad you had a great time.

Dad Y