}

Sunday, October 28, 2012

Our Big Trip 2012

It's been a long time since my last post. I don't think I've ever neglected the blog this long before but the trip was a lot to pull together and it kept us busy.

Not only did Jason and I go on vacation, but we took the kids up north to their grandparents. We drove them to Kansas City on Friday night and left for Zurich on Sunday. They were transferred between grandparents and traveled to Nebraska mid week while we were away. When we got back, I picked them up in Nebraska and drove them back to Texas. Lots of Travel!

In fact, we have been so wiped out from the travel that I put together some stats just to show how much we did:

2 continents, 4 countries, 9 states, 9 plane rides, 5 trains, shuttles, buses and cars. We logged 48 hours flying over seas (including layovers), 10 hours and 536 miles between 5 trains, 27 hours and 1549 miles driving in cars. All for a 7 day trip to Switzerland, France and Belgium. Whew. 

And when we got back, the stomach flu slammed us for a week. But we are better now and ready to conquer the holiday season!

And now for photos:

Our trip there hit a speed bump when our flight from New York to Zurich was canceled. Luckily they had us booked on a flight through London Heathrow to Zurich, getting us there only 4 hours later than scheduled. 

This is the morning sky over London as we were getting ready to land.


When we arrived in Zurich, after 5 plane rides and minimal sleep, we hopped on the train to Lucerne.


Upon arriving in Lucerne, I misjudged the distance to our hotel and convinced Jason we could walk it. 2 miles later, we arrived. Oops. In my defense, it was a beautiful walk.


This is the old entrance to our hotel. It was really nice and our room overlooked the lake which was beautiful to wake up to.



Lucerne had a carnival place that was fun to photograph





Our friends Angie and Shane met up with us in Lucerne.










The second day there we traveled by car to Bern. We only spent 3 hours there. I want to visit again, I know we missed so much as this town was gorgeous.





Tomorrow I'll have photos from some more of the trip

3 comments:

Angie said...

Ok.... Out of all the utterly gorgeous picts... All i could think on my first pass through them was.... I love her scarf!!!

Second pass thru.. Wow! I am so excited to see and hear more!!

Cheryl said...

Beautiful pictures! So glad you got that opportunity! Now it's my turn!!!!

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a great time. Glad you are back safe and sound. Love you all.
grandpa Y