}

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Flourless Banana Oatmeal Muffins

My kids LOVED these.

Flourless Banana Oatmeal Muffins


HERE is the recipe I used.

Ingredients
~2 1/2 cup oats (old fashioned, not quick cooking)
~single serving plain 0% greek yogurt
~2 eggs
~3/4 cup sugar
~1 1/2 tsp baking powder
~1/2 tsp baking soda
~2 bananas

*Paper liners don't work as the muffins stick too much without flour. Use silicone or foil.

Instructions
1. Preheat oven 400 degrees. Spray cooking spray in tin or use silicone or foil liners
2. Dump all ingredients into blender or food processor and blend until oats are smooth.
3. Divide batter among cupcake liners, about 3/4 full, bake 20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.

*You could add carrot puree, sweet potato puree, shredded zucchini, etc... for added nutrition. i don't think the kids would notice at all.
**I used a dark pan with foil liners. I found that only 17 minutes was needed. The darker ones in the photo were baked for 20 and it was a couple minutes too long.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Made these the other day for my mom who is gluten intolerant. She loved them! Once they were cooled, I topped them with a little bit on vanilla greek yogurt, and a drizzle of melted nutella! they were to die for! planning on making them again soon!

Hilary said...

I've made these several times now and the kids always eat the whole batch over the course of two days. I did try the strawberry shortcake version but found them just "ok". I think the bananas add a lot of texture the strawberry lacked.

Hilary said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for sharing this great recipe. I'm lactose intolerant so I was wondering if I could replace the yogurt with almond milk and if so, how much should I use?

Coble said...

I made these on sunday and wanted to share my variation on this! I substituted a cup of applesauce for the yogurt and used a cup of stevia instead of sugar. I'd also like to experiment with honey as a sweetener. I also added a few tbsp of flax meal and chia seeds! DELICIOUS!