}

Monday, June 25, 2012

Lincoln Children's Museum and Zoo

While in Lincoln we got to visit the Children's Zoo and Museum. 

I didn't have my camera on me but luckily mom had her phone.

The kids got to explore planes,


More trucks


 a very large chair (with a very unhappy toddler).


Lots of playhouses like this pizza parlor, 


and a construction zone.


They even have a stage and a dress up room behind it where you can pick out your costume.


At the zoo, they got to pet animals: Snake, centipede, cockroach, bunny, rat, butterflies, goats, llamas (or maybe it was an alpaca?), and a cricket. There may have been more but I was less pleased with the bug petting than Quinn. She adored it.




She even got a lizard tattoo on her hand.

 

I don't have a photo of them on the train ride although they absolutely adored that part of it. Kellen loves his choo choos!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cute. Glad they enjoyed it, so much to see, so much to learn

You are a great mom Hil!

Love Dad Y

Tale of a Super Hero's Mom said...

Brian's Brother said he thought he sat by you on the train at the zoo! He said he felt like it was you but thought you lived somewhere else so he was afraid to say anything in case he was wrong! :) I told him it was probably you! Now I'm sure he was right! LOL!
Love ya,
Les

Hilary said...

Les, it had to be him! After the train ride, as we were driving away it dawned on me who he was! I haven't seen him in so long and I never really looked at him so it took me awhile. I asked mom and she said she thought it was him too! I wish I would have figured it out sooner!

scott davidson said...

One easy way to decorate a nursery is to use an image from art history. Many western painters have painted for children, such as this painting, by English artists Stanley Spencer, http://EN.WahooArt.com/A55A04/w.nsf/OPRA/BRUE-8LT7RP , should look good on the nursery wall.
It's available as a canvas print of any size to be delivered to your home, from wahooart.com. It's affordable too.