}

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Chore Chart

We have started implementing chore charts at our casa. Quinn is starting to ask for items at the store: toys, games, balls, etc... and I figured this was as good a time as any to teach her how to earn things.

That, and she's starting to fight me on her daily routine: brushing teeth, getting dressed and taking her medicine.

I was just about to run out and purchase a chore chart before researching it online and I'm glad I didn't. I found a site which offers free chore charts! And they have A LOT. You can choose by gender, goals, day of week, type of chores... you name it.

I found one that worked for us. The site offers an 8.5 x 11 download for free you can print to your computer. But I'm out of computer ink. So I figured if I printed it at a photo center for $2, I could then use dry erase markers on the glossy paper.



It works beautifully.

*enlarged photos come in 8x10 size. I did alter the size from 8.5 x 11 to 8x10 in photoshop so that nothing would be cut off funny in printing. If you have editing software, you should be able to do the same thing. If you're going to print it off on your own printer, 8.5 x 11 works perfect. Then you can laminate and use the dry erase markers. Or just keep printing them off as needed and use regular pens/pencils/markers.

Quinn's reward is a birdhouse. Our neighbor has one hanging from a tree in their front yard and she wants one for her playhouse.

Talk about good motivation!


I don't think I ever showed this on the blog but awhile back I made a pen holder from an old band-aid case. I took off the flip top lid, glued magnets on the back and.... that's it. It holds our pens! I did glue some felt over the magnets so they wouldn't scratch the metal on the fridge. 

You can check out the chore charts here!

3 comments:

Heather Benzel said...

Love it! Just printed two in black and white, gonna give it a try!

Cheryl said...

Very cute! Great idea! I'll be anxious to hear how it works!

Sarah and Drew said...

Cool. I made one when we were in AR and Levi really liked it too. Haven't reimplemented though.