}

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day

My husband is good to me on Mother's Day. He has been good to me for all 4 of them so far. Today he let me have the day off. I really needed some quiet time. Some "me" time.

I had intended to see a movie. But I think that everyone else had the same idea because the theaters were full. And that's not what I wanted. I wanted peace, quiet, and to stare blankly at the screen. Not rub elbows with strangers.

I went shopping instead. I ran a few errands, bought a new dress, browsed the book store, and just had time to think without interruption. 

It was pretty great.

Then I went home. Jason and the kids had picked out roses for me. He said Quinn picked them out all by herself. Beautiful red roses in a vase waiting for me when I returned. He made us dinner and then we all played outside for awhile.

Pretty great day if you ask me.

Every Mother's Day so far I've wanted a photo of me and the kids. But Kellen is a hard one. He's just so busy.

So Quinn took one with me. And it's fantastic.


I got some of daddy and Quinn cuddling and laughing.


This is one of the only ones I could get of Kellen looking towards the camera. Busy, busy, busy.


Then we asked Quinn to take some photos of us. This is what we get when Kellen joins in.


I think she did a pretty good job of capturing us.


Happy Mother's Day

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

Absolutely wonderful! Such a wonderful couple and lovely family! I'm glad you had an enjoyable Mother's Day, although I wish you could have been with me. I will see you soon! I love you!

Momma

Anonymous said...

That is great honey! I hope you two have many more. Can't wait to see you all next month.

Love

Dad

Debbie said...

Happy Mothers Day Hil...........looking forward to seeing all of you. GAD