}

Monday, April 30, 2012

Spring Food

One of my favorite things about spring: fresh food. My grocery bill is always lower when I shop at quality stores and buy mostly fresh items instead of boxed.


I introduced the kiddos to strawberry shortcake. They're fans.


Although they won't touch a pepper, Jas and I love vegetable paninis. Olive oil and Rosemary bread, cheese, roasted peppers, mushrooms, some hot sauce (for Jas) and tomatoes (for me). The best.


A staple dinner for us is Honey Balsamic Chicken with Tomatoes. Great use of peppers.


You could also throw them on a Cauliflower Crust Pizza or in the Stuffed Mushroom Casserole.


Your turn, what's a favorite dish with all the fresh fruit and veggies available?!

3 comments:

Madge said...

As soon as it turns warm I start to crave Rhubarb Pie. I have a recipe to die for. . . and I even bartered my pie for a neighbor using his tractor and auger to dig holes for my new trees!
Another treat this year was to add strawberries to my pie - just a little bit of heaven on earth! ;)

Hilary said...

Rhubarb pie will always make me think of mom and her rhubarb plant in the backyard!

Anonymous said...

This time of year we love to grill summer squash, zucchini, mushrooms and onions with some olive oil and spices! Yummy! I could eat it everyday. - Angi