}

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Pumpkin Spiced Popcorn

Oh. My. Gosh.

Feeling the pumpkin love yet this season?


That's right, pumpkin spice Jell-o. This is a box left over from last year that I found at Walmart. I don't even know if this is in stock this season but the next grocery store stop I will be looking for it. 

First you pop the popcorn. Use a microwave, corn popper, campfire in the backyard... whatever.

Try to get all the hulls out now. I poured a little popcorn from the bag into a bowl, picked out hulls and threw in garbage, transferred hull-free popcorn to another bowl and repeated until entire bag was good to go.

Next you mix the pumpkin flavoring goodness that will be poured on popcorn.


(test taste to make sure it's awesome. And it will be)

Next step, put foil onto roasting pan and spray with Pam. This helps the popcorn to not stick. I used two pizza pans wrapped in foil for this recipe.

Then you want to pour the flavoring onto the popcorn and mix it up. I did this in the bowl with a Pam sprayed spoon. Lots of popcorn broke during this step but not enough to make me care. It was still looking good.

Then pour popcorn mixture onto foil lined pans. 

Flatten out popcorn as much as possible so it bakes evenly.

I did one bag of flattened popcorn mixture to each pizza pan.

Then bake.


Recipe:
~Two bags popped popcorn (I used Kettle Corn, you can use anything)
~1 TBL butter, melted (not entirely sure this is necessary)
~2/3 cup Light Corn Syrup
~2 tsp vanilla
~1 (3 1/2 oz) package instant pudding (you can use absolutely any flavor)
~1/2 tsp salt

Directions:
~Preheat oven to 250 degrees. Bake 20 minutes, stirring half way through.
~Remove from oven and cool on cooling rack. When cooled, break apart into small pieces.

3 comments:

Madge said...

WOW! I would never have guessed you could use Jello to flavor popcorn! It looks yummy! Thanks Hilary!!!

Tale of a Super Hero's Mom said...

I'm totally trying this!
Les

Sarah and Drew said...

Wow. Too cool.