}

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Back from Florida!

I lied, I'm posting before Halloween. But I'm just so excited to share a few photos and stories from our trip to Anna Maria Island this past weekend!

This trip was our first real vacation since Angie and Chase got married in Mexico 2 1/2 years ago! I haven't even flown since then. 

This was also a bunch of "firsts" for the kids. Plane ride, Florida, beach, ingrown toenails, feet slivers, buried in the sand... well, you get the picture.

Our flight was 8:30am on Saturday morning. I didn't even bother dressing the kids until right before we boarded. So here we are on the moving sidewalk (a first for the kids and very exciting for Quinn), and they're in their pj's!


The morning really went off without a hitch. We planned well and the kids were excited. Here is Quinn's excitement as the plane is taking off!


And of course, Kellen and me. Sorry no pics of Jas.


The plane ride went well. The airline lost our stroller which wasn't too big of a deal. It was a cheapy umbrella stroller that would have been convenient but overall didn't seem to matter much.

We spent our days on the beach, swimming in the ocean and in the heated pool at the house. It was the greatest, lazy vacation. We didn't even eat out. Just made hundreds of trips to the grocery store to feed the clan of 10 (6 adults, 4 kiddos).

Quinn let us bury her!


So what's a vacation without a trip to the urgent care? Quinn had been complaining that her toe hurt since before we left. But while we were there she had trouble walking and we discovered it was infected and blistered. The only place available was the urgent care. So off we went for antibiotics!


She was pretty sleepy, daddy carried her in.


Don't know if you can really see the blister and infection from this picture. 


When we stepped inside, this dude greeted us. Jason mumbled under his breath "looks like someone wasn't seen urgently enough..."


We were a little tired waiting for the doctor.


She got antibiotics for her toe. Nothing too big. We did discover some slivers on the bottom of the same foot that was infected. It was drama trying to get them out. Almost 3 year olds are not fans of laying still while someone causes them pain. In the end, we had to buy our own tweezers and do it back at the house. But she's all better now!

This photo is completely unintentional but makes me laugh so hard. 

"Quinn! Take your father out of that sand castle right this minute!"


Here is my other pumpkin. What a doll.


One of the rare photos with both of them in it. 


Love this photo. Quinn and daddy in the ocean and she's having so much fun!

6 comments:

Cheryl said...

so cute! I love Quinn's suit. And they both look like they are having a blast! I'm so glad you had a good time! Can't wait to spend Halloween with you all!

Cheryl said...

Oh! And give those babies a hug for me before I come! I'll give them some when I get there!!!!

Alexa said...

I can't believe we were just there yesterday. I miss you guys and the beach.

Sarah and Drew said...

I can't believe you're back already! I'm so glad it was fun and relaxing.

Deb said...

Such great pictures!! Looks like you had a lot of fun!

Madge said...

Great pictures Hilary! Love the picture of Daddy & Quinn!!!