}

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Pancake Recipe

Our morning routine has changed recently. Quinn doesn't seem to want breakfast right away and Kellen's sleeping habits are all over the board.

Since we usually get out to do things in the morning before the heat hits us, I have found myself in the McDonald's drive-thru ordering pancakes. No sides, just plain pancakes. Such an easy thing for both children to eat. However, they're $3 for 3 simple pancakes which is stupid.

But this morning we didn't have to be anywhere. And by 9:30, both kids were screaming for food. Literally crying and pulling on my clothing like I had been starving them. Kellen had already downed two bottles of formula and Quinn had only been awake for an hour. Geesh!

So I pulled out my trusty pancake recipe.

Pancakes:
1 egg
3/4 cup milk
2 TBL melted butter
1 cup flour
1 TBL sugar
3 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt

Beat egg fluffy. Add milk and butter. Add dry mix. Stir with fork just until mixed. Leave it lumpy!!

Note: I usually add in more sugar and pinches of cinnamon for flavor.

Not beating the batter until it's smooth is the secret I learned for fluffier pancakes. I also heard you can leave the batter sitting for an hour to help but who has that kind of organization and time? As soon as one of these bad boys is cooked it's in a baby's mouth! I'm practically throwing them at the kids to make them happy.

I kid.

If only I had taken a picture of Kellen before his belly was full of pancakes. Grumpy!

This is the happy pancake coma.

I always strip Quinn down before eating messy foods. I also give her syrup to dip in. I find it so much less messy than pouring it over them.


Ahhhh, now everyone is happy and well fed. Time to clean up the baby and the floor...



3 comments:

Madge said...

Sorry - but, looking at your kids in these pictures - I just don't believe they have a grumpy bone in their little bodies!!! The pancakes look delish!

Cheryl said...

Check out that baby boy! Give him a grocery cart to play on, and I'd swear it was Jason!! Ha!

Add a little vanilla to the pancakes. Also, when you are making them, if there is extra batter, you can make all of them and freeze them for tomorrow. Just pop them in the toaster to heat them up (let thaw a couple of minutes first and toast on "light").

Team Fuller said...

Vanilla would be good! About the refrigeration part, I always make the rest of the batter and put them in the fridge for the next day. But they're always dry! Almost too dry. Any tips?