}

Monday, August 22, 2011

How to Clean Stove-Top grates

Here is another cleaning tip, brought to you by my boring old self!

I just learned how to clean the grates on my stove-top. We have been scrubbing, soaking and yelling at these stupid things since we bought the house. All to find out one simple ingredient, 12 hours of waiting and rinsing off would do the trick!

Ammonia. It's a dollar.

Here's what you do:

Put grates into plastic baggie, pour 1/4 cup ammonia into bag. Close tight, set in pan (in case it leaks) and set outside (it smells super gross, like getting your nose hairs permed)

Let it sit for at least 12 hours. Then bring inside, empty out bags into sink (hold nose and make scrunched up face at horrible smell). Rinse off the grates and smile that you didn't have to do squat for beautiful grates! Elbow grease? Ha! Don't need it!

It's not the liquid that eats the grime, it's the fumes.

Let's look at this bad boy again

Oh heck, just one more time from another angle.


Beautiful.

On another note, I'm in the process of planning Quinn's Halloween themed birthday party. I have decorations in mind, a theme planned out and now looking for costume ideas.

So we decided to play dress up and try on her first Halloween monster costume that I adore.

I don't think it fits right. Maybe adding a tutu helps? No? Well, ok. Quinn doesn't like it either, she asked me to "TAKE IT OFF!" (lots of feet stomping and pulling on head mask).



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your blog. Not only do I learn things, I am entertained and get to keep up on the Fuller family. Have to tell you, I look forward to it each time you post.
Tell Quinn she needs to look like cat or a tiger for Halloween.

Grandpa Y

Madge said...

Great job on the grates! But, just a note on that - be very careful - the smell can bring you to your knees (or worse) - I would open the bags outside and rinse them off with a hose.

Can't wait to see what you come up with for Quinn's costume and party!!!

Tim said...

great idea of rinsing outside with the hose