}

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Update on Kellen

A small rash has broken out all over Kellen's body. Right away I had a hunch what it was. And in no way am I claiming to truly know what this rash is. At least not without seeing the doctor. But since he's in a good mood for the first time since Saturday and doesn't seem to be bothered by the rash, I don't feel it's necessary (at this time) to rush him to the docs.

In my previous post, I mentioned he wasn't feeling well. He had a low grade fever, slightly lethargic and a smaller appetite than usual. But overall he seemed to be okay, just not feeling 100%. And he really did have a tooth coming in. You can't see it in this photo but he now has two chompers on the bottom!

But today he's happy again, almost back to my normal Kellen. He's eating more, has more energy and absolutely no fever. Then the rash broke out. It's not raised, doesn't seem to bother him at all and doesn't have me too concerned overall.


I'm guessing roseola. A virus that is common in babies his age. If he gets worse or starts to not feel well again I'll call the doctor. Until then, I think he's starting to get better!

2 comments:

tonijulianoroth said...

That's the most adorable picture. And by the way, we've fought that particular crud several times at our house.
On another note, I’ve awarded you The Versatile Blogger Award because I read your blog regularly. Hop over to my latest post to see what happens when you accept! tonijulianoroth.wordpress.com
Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Hi sweetie. Sorry to see that the little man doesn't feel well. Watch his temp and if he gets real hot, lethargic or has any trouble cooing or moving around, get him to the doc. I know you know that, just trying to be helpful. Looks like you have been busy, love the posts honey. thanks for all of the help

Dad Y