}

Monday, March 28, 2011

Lemon Blossom Recipe (Y'all!)

It's Spring!

Before I post about Bruce and Cecilia visiting us this weekend, I'm going to share the most delicious lemon cake recipe with you.

Cecilia told me about it this weekend and I just could not wait to try it!

Paula Deen's Lemon Blossoms:

Ingredients:
Package yellow cake mix (I used lemon)
3 1/2 oz. package instant lemon pudding mix
4 large eggs
3/4 cup vegetable or canola oil

Glaze
4 cups powdered sugar
1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
1 lemon zested
3 TBL vegetable oil
3 TBL water (I used 4-5)

Directions:
~Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
~Spray mini muffin tin with cooking spray (spray well!)
~Combine cake mix, pudding mix, eggs and oil in mixer. Mix for 2 minutes until smooth
~Pour batter into mini muffin tins, about half full. Bake 12 minutes. Turn out onto a tea towel.
~Glaze: sift sugar into mixing bowl. Add lemon juice, zest, oil and 3 TBL of water. Mix with spoon until smooth.
~Paula suggests using your fingers to dip the cupcakes into the glaze while they're warm. Place on wire racks with waxed paper underneath to catch drips. Let glaze set thoroughly, about 1 hour, before storing in tightly sealed container.

I decided to pour the glaze over the cupcakes instead.

And here's why:


The stupid muffin tops came right off! Oops! And it's because I didn't get the spray just right on to the pan, AND! I filled them too full.

Well shoot, what's a girl to do? No more cake mix and I am not wasting these! So I pulled all the muffin tops off and made them look like cookies! That left the bottom of the muffins with a rough looking top. No problem! I turned them upside down and made mini bundt cakes!



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've made these and they are sooo good! If you wouldn't have shown your mess up we would have never known they weren't supposed to be mini bundt cakes! :) Good Job!

Angie said...

Yummo! Think Jules and I've got some baking to do this Thursday! Gotta say.. I think I'm also in love with your cake stands! Very cute!

Madge said...

THAT IS AWESOME - YOU ARE SO CREATIVE!!! Your mini bundt cakes and cookies look delicious - and I think even better than the cupcakes would have. You should send this to Paula Dean - she would love it!!!