}

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Welcome Kellen Maxton Fuller


Kellen Maxton Fuller

9/9/2010, 10:42 am, 9lbs, 19 1/2 inches



We welcomed Kellen Maxton into the world last Thursday morning. I had been to the doctor on Wednesday and we decided to schedule an induction for Friday morning. But God had other plans! After a very rainy couple of days, my water broke late Wednesday night, about 11pm, and Jason and I headed to the hospital. We made a pit stop at our friend's Kevin and Renee to drop Quinn off before the hospital. They had graciously agreed to take care of our baby girl.

By 12:30am, I was hooked up to all sorts of machines and starting labor. We had a couple of dramatic moments where Kellen's heartbeat dropped low enough that we heard a doctor and multiple nurses discussing getting me prepped for a c-section. That made both Jas and I very nervous. Mostly it was the drama of the situation and all the medical staff in the room making a fuss over it. After the second time, the doctor told me point blank that if it happened again they were wheeling me into the operating room. But God took care of Kellen and I. After 11 hours of labor, he made a very quick entrance and was soon in my arms.

The next few days were a blessing. Jas and I were able to get sleep and Kellen has been nursing and acting like a champ. He's a beautiful, sweet baby boy and we're so excited and blessed to have him in our family.


We're home now and trying to adjust to our new family of 4. Quinn is still a bit unsure of what she thinks about everything. It's been hard on her but we have Jason's parents in town until tomorrow when my mom arrives to take over. It means so much that Quinn has had non stop attention from family while mommy takes care of the hungriest baby on earth. She was stand-offish towards me and Kellen at first. She's beginning to warm up to me again but is still not sure about her baby brother. With time I have confidence that she will be protective of him and love him unconditionally. Until then, we have to make sure she doesn't use him as a jungle gym like she does me and Jas!

Thank you everyone for your blessings, prayers and congratulations. It means so much to our family to have friends and loved ones like you.

I will work on getting some more photos taken and uploaded.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to being down there soon. Can't wait to see everyone. Glad things are going well, such a good looking kid. Love to all of you, miss you so much.

Grandpa Y.

Katie said...

Yea! Congratulations, he's so handsome.

Angie said...

Oh my goodness Hil he is beautiful! Thank you for sharing photos of him so quickly! I wish you the best recovery and such joy!

Madge said...

Congrats to all of you - and what a beautiful baby Kellen is! Thank you for sharing pictures with us.
Love ~
Madge

kristy said...

Wow, this time you have a little mini-Hil! :) He's gorgeous and glad you and mr, kellen are healthy!

Kristi said...

He's beautiful...congratulations to all of you...we're so, so happy for you guys!

;) Kristi

Deb said...

Such a handsome boy!!!

We are so happy for you!

xoxoxo

maggie said...

heard the awesome news from roos a couple days ago. so happy for you guys and so happy he is here safe and sound. he is so cute can't wait for more pictures!

Sarah and Drew said...

Yay for your newest bundle! I'm sorry for my delayed post. Our internet connection hasn't been consistent. I'll check in on you soon!