}

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Kellen is 2 Weeks Old!!

Today marks two weeks since the birth of our baby boy. He is still doing really fantastic and we're thrilled. Quinn is warming up to him a bit more but overall prefers to ignore him. That's okay with us since he really only sleeps, feeds and has lots of dirty diapers!

Today was his two weeks checkup at the doctor. He's a little over an ounce under his birth weight so we're heading back there next week for a weigh in. Until then we're instructed to keep feeding him every 3 hours round the clock. Talk about incentive to get his weight up! The thought of getting more than 2 hours of sleep at a time is truly appealing!

He's doing great though. One of his tear ducts needs to mature a bit but everything else is working as it should. I did find out the reason for Quinn constantly waking through the night recently. Seems that her night time hysteria is due to night terrors... again. She had them when she was quite a bit younger but now that she's almost 2 years old, they are full blown tantrums and fits. We hear her during the night crying and trying to get out of her room. Eventually we go up there to calm her down only to have her completely blow up on us. You can tell she isn't rational and it's almost like she's sleepwalking. As soon as she's lucid, she'll quietly sit on my lap while I sing her to sleep. So at least now I feel better about why she's doing it. Doctor said it's pretty normal since she's experiencing such a big change in her world. Poor thing. I know that it'll get better for her and she'll get used to the change eventually. It's just hard watching her try to adjust right now. But don't worry, we smother her in hugs and kisses all day long!

So I have lots and lots of photos of Kellen and Quinn but I have such little time to download them and get them posted. Maybe next week I'll find a bit more time. My parents are here through the this weekend and I don't want to spend too much time away from them. I love soaking it up while they're here, I just don't get to see them often enough.

And tonight Jason and I get a date night! I'm already excited for it!

3 comments:

Sarah and Drew said...

I hope K gains quickly! I was also interested about the night terror thing b/c Levi has kind of been doing that too. Not as dramatic or long lasting, but it makes sense as Levi too is under a great deal of change! I can't wait for new pics. Also, way to go on a date night...he's only 2 weeks old. Gotta love grandparents!

Madge said...

Wow - night terrors - that just breaks your heart. I didn't know that little ones had those! Hopefully she will get past this stage quickly!!
Glad to hear that everything and everyone else is doing well!!
Love and Hugs to all!
Madge

Anonymous said...

Both Cole and Jackson had night terrors...totally freaked Brian and I out! Good news...They grow out of it! :) Glad Kellen is doing well! Enjoy the time with your family and I can't wait to see pics of the kids!! I will be patiently waiting!
Love ya,
Les