}

Thursday, August 26, 2010

False Labor

The bags were packed and by the door Tuesday night. I really thought it was "go" time! My contractions were 4-5 minutes apart, I had some cramping and dull back aches. The contractions however were not painful so I knew they were more braxton hicks than real labor. But after three hours of waiting to see if they'd get painful.... they simply went away. I was bummed. The thought of rushing to the hospital and meeting our son was very exciting but not yet meant to be. I even took a shower and did my hair, haha!

I had a doctor's appt. yesterday afternoon and he went ahead and checked me. Zero dilation, zero effacement. Not only that, but the week before baby boy had dropped and my belly was only 38 cm. This week, he's happily floating around and my belly is a whopping 41 cm! I think he's confused. Dear baby boy, please move south, not north.

So we'll wait and see how everything progresses these next couple of weeks. My pregnancy with Quinn was the same way though. My dilation and effacement was a zero when my water broke.

1 comment:

Madge said...

the last couple of weeks always seem to be the hardest! But it will be here before you even have time to blink!! Take care of yourself!!