}

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Toddler Bed

Oh what a week for safety! As you know, Quinn can crawl out of her crib with no problems. She even has bruises all up the sides of her arms to prove it. I hate those darn bruises!

On Sunday, as I was getting out of the shower, Quinn greeted me at the shower door. Weird, she was in her crib, upstairs, with the door closed, sleeping when I got into the shower. So that means she crawled out, opened her door, walked down the stairs and searched for me. Very scary!

Within two hours I had a new gate that I was attempting to install at the top of the stairs. So after a couple of hours with Jason's help, we got it installed. We called Quinn over to look at the new gate. She inspected every corner of it and when she got to the latch, she pushed it in and opened the gate. Are you kidding me? So my only thing is, if she's coherent enough to open the gate, then I'll just have to hope she's coherent enough to walk down the stairs.

That night I installed another gate outside her door. That way, if she opens the door again (which has baby proof plastic around the handle), she has just one more obstacle to get through before getting out. The following morning I woke up to a loud thump and her screaming through the monitor. She had crawled out and kind of fell to the ground I guess. When I got to her she was more angry than hurt. So yesterday we bought a new toddler rail for her bed. It took awhile to install but she seems to be okay with it.

Yesterday she napped in the bed and last night she slept all through the night in it. So this is a good start. Doesn't mean she won't hate it tonight though so we'll see.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like her mother when she was young. Next she will be going out for doughnuts.

Love

Dad

maggie said...

i can't believe she can open doors. so insane and i love it.

Madge said...

BELLS - BELLS - BELLS
Put any kind of noise makers you can find on each obstacle you have given her.