}

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Quick Update

I don't have pictures to upload just yet as my camera is downstairs, my computer upstairs... and I'm lazy. Also, Quinn is napping and we are tiptoeing around her at this point.

Just a few days ago (we're on day 4), Quinn decided that it is impossible to fall asleep if mommy is not in the room. I have no idea where this annoying requirement is coming from other than some sort of separation anxiety. Needless to say, it takes a long time to get her to sleep. All I have to do is sit in the rocking chair until she is so completely passed out that she doesn't here me waddle out of the chair, creaking ankles and all. Her bedroom door was also creaking and I finally yelled at Jason today to grab the WD-40 and oil that darn thing b/c just as I was sneaking out, she heard the door creak and shot up out of her crib with screaming and tears. 1/2 hour later I was able to leave the bedroom.

And trust me, we tried letting her cry it out. That was also a disaster. It's much easier to sit in the chair and wait for her to pass out.

So updates...

I had a 28 week appt at the doctor's last week. Baby boy Fuller seems to be doing really well. My belly grew 6 inches since the 24 week appt and I'm convinced it all happened last week. When mom was in town I had energy to burn and felt like super woman. Last week, I wasn't much better than a lump of... fill in the blank. Either way, I was exhausted and didn't feel well at all. I'm still moving slowly this weekend but feel slightly better overall.

We are wanting to paint our bedroom and the baby's room before he arrives but time is quickly running out. If only I could figure out a darn paint color! I hate choosing color for the walls, I'm horrible at it. Only after the room is entirely painted do I know if I want to keep it or not. I'm notorious for painting a room 3 times before settling. I don't have the money or energy for that right now so I have to get it right which = not getting it done at all. Ugh. Anyone want to help? I want a gray in the bedroom and something bright and cheery is the baby's room.

Other than that everything is good. Texas is wicked hot right now. Miserable in fact. Jason installed a fan in Quinn's room this morning which should help a lot and we got digital thermostats on both floors now. We're braced up for that bill!

Hope you're all well!

3 comments:

Sarah and Drew said...

total pain on the new sleeping requirements. this is kind of cool http://www.flickr.com/photos/langdale/145746503/ (I can see gray with shades of green looking sweet!)

Angie said...

I know exactly where you are coming from regarding painting. I wanted the family room green upstairs.. 3rd time painting I gave up and went with boring old beige. I've been toying with a gray in our guest room.. I've narrowed it down to Stoningto gray from Benjamin Moore.. it just means I either have to ditch my accessories for the room or the bedding since they're plums and blues.. issues? Nah, just life!

Madge said...

I love the link from Sarah - that would be so cool to do!!!