}

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Happy 18 Months Baby Girl!!

Today is Quinn's 18 month birthday! We celebrated this morning with a trip to the pediatrician's office for her 18 month vaccinations. Well, celebrated might be a strong word.

Her stats: Weight: 28 1/4 lbs (90-95%), Height: 34 1/4" (off the chart %), Head: 18 1/4 (75%).

Yes, she's tall! I cannot believe she's almost 3 feet! She also got one shot today which she did not like at all! But she quickly recovered and we went about our day.

This weekend we were blessed with my father in town to visit. Sunday night he babysat and let Jas and I have a date night. We haven't been out together, just the two of us, since he visited in January! We grabbed dinner and played a couple rounds of putt putt. I may only be 21 weeks pregnant but not only is my stomach popped out a bunch, I feel so freaking pregnant this last week! While we played golf, Jas was kind enough to put my ball on the ground so I could hit it and grab it from the cup at the end. Bending over is becoming a task.

Then on Monday, dad babysat again while I talked to a college photography class about my experience in the field. A friend of mine teaches at a college in Fort Worth and asked if I would talk to the students. I told them about my experience, how I got into the field, industry pay, etc... It was actually a fun time and the students were really kind and welcoming. Then later in the day we headed over to the new house to meet with the inspector.

So far, the sale of this house seems to be moving forward and we have found another house to move into (contingent on this sale). We close end of the month so please keep your fingers crossed that all works out smoothly!

Dad left this afternoon after lunch and we miss him already! He and Quinn had lots of bonding time and he even taught her some games like jumping out from behind doors and scaring the pants off anyone in the room! He also taught her to say "sit" based on a line from a Dr. Seuss book. My only concern is this is awfully close to another word that we don't want her to say so we'll have to be careful!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was my privilege to babysit that little sweetheart. I had a great time and look forward to the next visit. I am sure the house will work out, that you will love your new home and that Quinn's brother will be blessed by two of the best parents out there. Love you all.

Dad