}

Monday, August 31, 2009

Weekend at Table Rock Lake ~ 9 months ~

We went to Table Rock Lake this weekend with Team Meyer (Kid, Whitney and Grant), along with Kid's siblings, their family and friend.

The drive was a bit longer than we had anticipated. For some reason, I had it in my head that it was a 6 hour drive. It wasn't. We followed the Meyer's to the lake. Between the two babies, we stopped multiple times. Combined with some funky directions on the GPS system, we made it there in about 9 hours. The trip took us through Arkansas and we drove through Eureka Springs. I've never heard of this tiny town before but it was really beautiful. I need to look it up on the internet and find out more. I would have loved to explore it but we just didn't have the chance.

For the next couple of days, we relaxed by the lake and just took it easy. Because the babies have pretty strict nap schedules (or at least they take naps often), Whitney and I hung around the house quite a bit. Fine by us, it was still nice to be away with everyone.

Quinn didn't get to use her new lifejacket. I wasn't thrilled about her being in a boat or the lake overall. They did have a pool that we went swimming at. Quinn loved that!

We made the trek back yesterday and now have lots of laundry and grocery shopping to take care of. I think Quinn was a bit traumatized by the car ride and the use of her new carseat. She absolutely hated the long drive, fussed quite a bit, and has screamed every time we've gone somewhere in the car today. Poor thing. She'll get used to it eventually, I'm sure.


1 comment:

Madge said...

Great pictures - as always. I especially liked the Jason and Quinn pics - they look like quite the pair :)
And yes the water makes me nervous just seeing the pic of Quinn by it.
And 9 hours is a tough ride for anyone - much less a 9 month old.
Thanks for sharing!
Love,
Madge