}

Monday, August 10, 2009

Ikea, Willow Bend and Jason's Sick

Nice title huh? Sometimes I just don't have a clue what to title the post. So this is what we end up with.

First off, Jason was sick yesterday. It was a really weird kind of sick too, the kind where he's violently ill but with a good sense of humor. Let me start at the beginning. He had a golf game yesterday morning. The day before, his gout was acting up and he was praying that it'd be better for the golf game. When he got home yesterday afternoon, he was limping and in lots of pain. 

Then he starts feeling ill all afternoon but he's in generally good spirits. He's also drinking a ton of water, complaining that he feels really dehydrated. He slept on the floor by the front door for part of the day as well. When you're just too tired to get up and move to a comfy location, you know you don't feel well. So we go to bed last night pretty early. I took a sleeping pill b/c I've had some trouble with falling asleep lately and it was only 8:30.  I remember Jas saying he couldn't sleep just yet, probably because he'd been sleeping on the floor most of the afternoon.

Next thing I know, I'm jumping out of bed at some loud noise. Ok, brain is foggy from pill. Where am I? What is going on? I glanced at the clock, 11:11pm. Then I realize the noise I hear is Jason VIOLENTLY throwing up into the kitchen sink. I'll try not to be too graphic, but I kept looking at the baby bottles next to the sink wondering if I could get them washed before Quinn needed breakfast because surely they're going to need it. 

I've only seen Jas get sick like this once before and it was about 5 years ago when we both had caught some bug. This poor guy probably got sick close to 10 times as I stood there wondering how to help him. I grabbed a wet washcloth and got him a drink of water. Then I just stood there until he was done.  My pill has me foggy still and feeling useless. Do we need to go to the emergency room? Is he contagious? Do I need to sleep in the guest bedroom? Is Quinn going to be sick?

Then Jas feels better and starts to kind of laugh at how ridiculous it all is. He doesn't just grumble and get back into bed. He makes jokes about it. In good spirits! We headed back to bed and he was still laughing about it as we fell asleep. Then this morning he was up bright and early for work. Weird.

Ok, so that was last night. On the Ikea and Willow Bend note:

Friday night we didn't have any real plans so we headed to Ikea to check a few things out. I wanted to see what choices they had for desks as my new lovely computer needs to sit on something just as lovely. Well, not really. We just need something more appropriate for the space it's in. Something with drawers! 

We also let Quinn play around a little bit and then looked at some other things. I took a picture of Quinn eating in the Ikea cafeteria. I tried one of their princess cakes too. Shrek green with frosting inside. I'm torn. It was ok though.

As for Willow Bend, that's a mall here in Dallas for those of you wondering. We were there a couple weekends ago to check out the Apple store. They have a great play area for kids that we stopped at for Q. Here's a picture.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What is this with everyone being sick? Bella is sick, Jason is sick, what is going on here? I hate it when my family is not doing well.

Dad