}

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

New Tutu ~ 9 months ~

First off, forgive me for posting truly horrible photos. I have many excuses for them, but the end result is what you see is what you get!

I have wanted to try my hand at making Quinn a tutu for awhile. Yesterday I finally bought the materials and last night whipped one up. This morning I tried it on her immediately after she finished eating breakfast (hence the huge wet spot on her shirt and why we often feed her in her diaper. Yes we use a bib, but still...)

She was not happy with me. She was grumpy this morning to start out with and the tutu just made her angrier! (she is not without legs, they're simply tucked underneath the ridiculously poofy tutu)

I get it. Some huge poofy thing is hanging off your waist, keeping you from crawling and you want to pull at it. But it won't come off! I might cry too.

Well now, wait just a second. If I stand, it's not so bad. See, I can walk with it on. Now I'm smiling!


Yes, it's THAT poofy. So funny!

3 comments:

Angie said...

I love this idea! I had bought a tutu in December just in case we had a girl and have recently bought another online...this might be a fun project to do in future!

maggie said...

you did great on it. super cute. would love to know how you did it. my girls are always in need of tutus!

Cheryl said...

nice job on the tutu, but I'm wondering what my girls would have done if I had stuck one of these on them! Oh, that's right...the 1st picture pretty much sums it up!!

Love you!
Mom