}

Sunday, June 7, 2009

Good Morning Sunday!

It's 11am on Sunday and I'm feeling inspired to post a few random thoughts:

First off, I hesitantly want to inform those of you "not in the know" about the Old Navy Weekly coupon game. I say "hesitantly" because you are my competition. However, we all deserve to know about this one! I have been checking the site repeatedly for an update today. So far....nothing. But I truly hope to get my hands on a great coupon because mama needs new clothes (and is feeling quite cheap!). HERE is a link that can tell you all about the Old Navy Weekly coupon updates. I'm not clear on the facebook deal b/c I'm too lazy to read about it, but you can find out more information HERE.

**I checked the stupid Old Navy site at 3am this morning and it wasn't up yet!!! So when I checked again at 7:30 and the great coupon was gone....grrrrrrrrrr. However, I did score the $20 off $100 coupon and managed to pass it onto a Facebook friend. If you're interested, scratch the campfire girl's shirt (it has a s'mores on it). Don't bother putting the marshmallow on the fishing pole and sending it out to catch the fish, that coupon is GONE!**

Dealseekingmom.com has great information on other coupons (CVS, Walgreens, Publix, etc...) if you feel like searching.

Have you tried coupons.com? I know there are lots of sites out there informing us on how to save money. If you know of great ones, please inform me!

You can also check:
http://www.iheartcvs.com/ CVS
http://iheartwags.com/ WALGREENS

And for you moms and dads, CVS has a great deal on pampers diapers starting today (6/7/09- 6/13/09): click HERE

*Um, I get most of this information from my wonderful mom. Since she left the comment below, I thought it may be best for me to give credit where credit is due. haha*

*************************************************************************************

Jason has been dreaming out loud lately. This has happened three times in the past month. Finally, Thursday night (the third time), I decided to write down our conversation so I wouldn't forget. Each time I try to tell him in the morning what he said the night before and I never am able to remember. But this time, I was motivated enough to find paper and pen!

Jason: "There's a big ass one you don't want to eat"
Hil: "What?"
Jason: "Big ass one, you don't want to eat"
Hil: "What?"
Jason: "Still chasing me"
Hil: "Are you still sleeping?"
Jason: "You're chasing me....you're fishing for fish"
Hil: "What?"

Apparently, he fell asleep watching River Monster...whatever that is.

*************************************************************************************

Okay, so I've been venturing into other blogs lately. Blogs that have won awards because they are just so funny. I came across this one that has had me laughing out loud:

Amalah.com (side note to Deb: I posted your freshnest.com site in her comment section!)

She cusses a lot, don't read if that is going to offend you. But it's hysterical!

There also used to be one on Parentdish.com that I would read while pregnant. This lady was so witty and funny. She had a lot of kids too...maybe 5 (?). But I can't find that blog anywhere. Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

*************************************************************************************

Here is a great side dish for your next bbq:

Corn Salad

3 cans of corn (shoepeg, sweet, doesn't matter)
1/4 white onion chopped
1 cup cheddar cheese
1 cup mayo (use the real stuff!)
Couple handful's of Frito's honey bbq chips

Mix first four ingredients together. When adding mayo, I don't think 1 cup is needed. I usually just keep adding in large spoonfuls until it looks like enough.

When ready to serve, mix in crushed Frito's. (You can eyeball the amount needed)

4 comments:

Cheryl said...

VERY Interesting! Where did you learn all of this? Thanks for the info!

maggie said...

what a great post! thanks for all the tidbits of info that we can all use! had to laugh about the dreaming section. ron loves that river monster show. so funny.

Fred and Heather said...

How interesting! That corn salad sounds fantastic. :)
I love the dream info...Fred does the same thing but it's usually medical. Kind of disturbing being woken up to him saying,"he's coded, we gotta shock him!"...our life is never dull!

Deb said...

Thanks for the tips!! I am always looking for ways to save. And thanks for posting Fresh Nest on the site. We are working our tails off over there!! ;) xoxoxoxo


P.S. I like the background. Keep it.