}

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!

For all you mom's, I hope that you were told by your children and loved ones how special you are today. Granted, I hope that you're told often, but that you were given just that extra bit of love.

Jason spoiled me today; this whole weekend, actually. Yesterday morning he made me a big breakfast (chocolate chip pancakes, eggs and bacon), let me sleep in until 9:30 this morning, bought me not one, but two bouquets (dozen yellow roses and an orchid plant!) took our family to the botanical gardens and followed it up with my dinner of choice. I can't believe I'm still awake to tell you the truth. It's after 11pm and I'm yawning as I type this. But I just have to tell you about our botanical garden experience today.

Quinn was uncooperative!!! I couldn't believe it. When I usually pull out the camera, she ham's it up for me! All smiles and posing like it's a fashion shoot. But today she just was not feeling it. I don't know if it was the heat (about 80+ degrees) or just being tired, perhaps both, but she didn't want to take pictures. Jason and I eventually gave up and just enjoyed walking around. I do like the pics that Jason was able to capture of us. There are not that many of me and Quinny and it's nice to get some good ones.

We decided to wrap up the trip when Quinn hit what Jason calls "the wall". I've never seen her do this before which tells us just how tired she really was. But we had a good laugh (and then made her more comfortable).

3 comments:

Kristi said...

Happy Mother's Day to you! I love the photos of you and Quinn...you both look beautiful!

:) Kristi

Cheryl said...

That poor baby! But the picture of the two of you together is precious!

Madge said...

I think Jason took a few photo classes himself! He really caught the beauty of his wife and daughter!!! NICE JOB JASON!

I am so glad that you had a wonderful first Mother's Day! And I hope you have many many more!!!

Love, Madge