}

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Pretty Eventful Week ~ 11 weeks

I asked Quinn what she though of Barack Obama as our new president and she smiled!


This week has been eventful with the Presidential Inauguration, our 2 year anniversary, Quinn's 2 month immunization shots, and overall daily activities.

I'm not big on politics myself, but watching Barack Obama be sworn into office Tuesday was pretty cool. To see so many people elated at the event, to experience a sense of hope with the new president and to witness a moment in history, I'm just thankful that I was able to watch it. And! I even had the chance to snap a photo of Quinn watching it which I think will be neat for her to look back on when she is older. I went into labor the day he won the election, and we celebrated our 2 year anniversary the day he was sworn into office, that's kind of cool!

We didn't do much to celebrate our anniversary on Tuesday, we're saving it for Saturday night. Jas and I made reservations at a restaurant in Addison and our friends Jon and Kristy are going to watch Quinn for us. Quinn has never been babysat by a nonrelative before. I know she is completely unaware of this and she'll be fine, but it's still kind of a big thing, at least to me. I'm excited to do this, both for me and for Jon and Kristy who are expecting their first child, a daughter, in just a few months. Quinn needs to experience other people besides her mom. I love that she is a momma's girl right now, but soon that will be difficult to handle and it's best to get her introduced to as many people as possible.

I do plan on meeting up with friends friday night and saturday during the day, this will be a great opportunity for her to bond with her dad. She loves watching and interacting with him, but she always has her eyes on me when I'm around. Now she can give her full attention to daddy!

And today was an icky day for us. Quinn had her two month immunizations (although she's 11 weeks yesterday). I told Jason that we had to watch our facial expressions in order to calm her down and not get her fired up. And though Jason did a good job, I broke down in tears. I tried, but they flowed anyways. It was hard seeing my little baby girl look at me like I had just tricked her and caused her pain. Okay, okay, I know that's in my head, but she was miserable and hated it and was so angry! I just can't stand seeing her in pain.

But Quinn is such an amazing baby, she quit crying before my tears had a chance to dry. Jason was great about distracting her and comforting me. It did not dawn on me though to give her tylenol before the injections, I'll remember that for next time! She's woken up from each nap today screaming, I assume the injection sites ache, I don't know what else it could be since she doesn't have a temp. But the Tylenol seems to help her. I've even gotten some smiles out of her today.

That sums up this week so far. It'll be interesting to see how she does with Kristy and Jon, if she's fussy or an angel. I'll let you know.

Here is Quinn crashed out after her immunization shots. So you know, she NEVER sleeps outside of her crib

4 comments:

maggie said...

i just love this blog thing. it is so fun to see how you and your family are doing. quinn is just the cutest little thing. i loved reading this blog of yours it made me remember so many things with evie. the first time i left her with a babysitter. we went to a U2 concert, i don't even remember the concert really, i was to busy worrying about evie. ;-) and those immunization are so hard. ada has her 4 month in a couple weeks. i hate doing it everytime, but it is worth it in the end. take care and give quinn a little squeeze for me!

Cheryl said...

Now you understand how I felt when Heather had to have her finger cut into and she looked at me and said "Mommy, make him stop!". It just rips your heart out!

Anonymous said...

Hil - Don't feel bad. I cried everytime Kayla did at the doctor. The look they give you just breaks your heart! I love checking your blog because you are so good at updating it and adding amazing photos. You are so blessed and I am blessed for knowing you.
Love to you all! Kel

Madge said...

Hilary -
You and Jason are doing an amazing job! Sharing the workload will keep you both from becoming overwhelmed - way to go!! And I totally believe the Daddy needs to be 100% involved - - Jason will never regret it!!!
Love - Madge