}

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Getting ready for the holidays!

Who is done with their Christmas shopping? I'm so excited about how much I've accomplished. I still have a little bit more to do but overall, it's done! Thank the Lord for the internet! Both sides of the family this year are doing secret santa (secretsanta.com) and Jason and I decided to do our own little "12 days of Christmas". Basically, neither of us needed anything specific for Christmas this year but we still wanted to exchange presents. Jason had the idea of exchanging 12 small gifts instead. So, starting the 14th, we will give each other one small present each night until Christmas. I think it sounds like a great idea and I'm excited for Sunday! It's forced both of us to be pretty creative in our gifts and I think it will be so much fun to see what each other has thought up.

Quinn is still doing great, she's getting really big. I have her in the same pj's she wore home from the hospital tonight, but it's more like a long shirt on her than the dress/onsie it's meant to be. Even her newborn diapers are getting too small. I guess she will be 5 weeks tomorrow, so maybe this growth is normal? Either way, if she keeps up this pace, she'll be able to beat up her 18 month old cousin, Wyatt, by Christmas!

My mom is coming to stay with us tomorrow through the 19th when we head to Nebraska. Quinn has been really colicky lately and mom decided to come down to help me out. I'm excited for the sleep I'll be able to get! It was so wonderful having mom here for the first two weeks of Quinn's life and I missed her so much when she left. What a blessing that she is able to come down again for another week and a half. I know she misses her granddaughter so much!

Jason's parents were here to visit over the weekend. It was so nice to have them here. They were a great help with Quinn too! Jason and I actually got to sleep in on Sunday morning, what a treat! They weren't able to stay super long though, that's the hard part about living in another location than family, you just don't get to see them often enough. But thank goodness Christmas is just around the corner. We will be able to spend a whole week with family this year. I don't know what we'll do when Christmas falls on a weekend, yikes!

No comments: