}

Saturday, November 8, 2008

Welcome Quinn Gracen Fuller

Our baby girl was born Wednesday, November 5, 2008 at 6:11am. She weighed in at 7lbs, 9.5 ozs and 20.8 inches long. My water had actually broken on November 4th, about 4pm and Jason and I excitedly rushed to the hospital. When we got there, I was barely dialated to a 1 and my doc insisted on inducing with pitocin. Needless to say, especially for those that have experienced it, the next few hours were a bit painful. I wasn't allowed an epidural until I reached a 4 which didn't happen until approximately 2am on Wednesday. After the epidural took effect, it was smooth sailing! I quickly reached a 10 and only had to push for an hour before our beautiful baby girl, Quinn, was welcomed into the world!

Quinn has shown herself to be a beautiful, fairly calm baby. We're learning together how to breast feed which at times comes very easily, and others seems impossible. Overall, I love the bonding I get with her in those quiet times. She is so peaceful and wonderful. Jason and I are incredibly blessed and enjoying these moments so much.

My parents are here with us now, mom will be staying with me for a couple weeks to help out. Just when I've stayed up too many hours and don't think I can stay awake any more, my mom is there to take her off my hands and help me get just enough sleep to refresh me for the next round. My father has been great about running errands and preparing meals for us, making sure that we don't have to worry about the little stuff. Both of my parents have been full of advice which has come in very handy. We've only been home from the hospital for 24 hours but it's been a learning curve for both Jas and me.

And have I mentioned how wonderful my husband is? I couldn't do this without him. His encouragement and support has helped me so much. Poor guy is just as exhausted as I am and has just as much to do as me. I may be doing the feeding, but he's doing everything else. I thank God for him all the time.

So that is the update for now. We're on a continuous cycle of diaper changing, feeding, sleeping, and starting over. It's not the whirlwind I imagined, more of a steady marathon. But it's worth it for this beautiful girl that is now part of Team Fuller.

Thank you to all of you for your well wishes, blessings and prayers. We appreciate the outreach, support and love that you have all given to us. I will update with pictures, hopefully later this week.

3 comments:

maggie said...

so excited for you guys. sarah told me a couple days ago that quinn had arrived! so glad to hear that everything went well and that you and baby are back home doing well. i'm really so happy for you! can't wait to see pictures!!!

Deb said...

Yay!!! Congratulations!!! I can't wait to see pictures. Give Miss Quinn a kiss for me. xoxoxo

Hoodiesmom said...

Congratulations!

There is no feeling in the world greater than that of being a mother.

This is only the beginning. It gets better and better every day.

I am so happy for you!